Thursday, November 4, 2010

Fall's Greatest Hits


So it's Thursday, the day I start obsessively thinking about what I'm going to bake over the weekend. And it's also the first week in November, which means we've only got another couple weeks of blissful, just-'cause-I-flippin'-feel-like-it autumnal baking before we've gotta get to Big Time Holiday Baking. Clearly, both of these situations are key reasons to share some of my Fall Baking Greatest Hits. Bust out some cinnamon, crack open a can of pumpkin puree, and peel those last few apples rolling around in your crisper drawer, people. Let's do this.

Maple-Pecan Shortbread. Up there at the top of this post. Cookies shaped like leaves. With maple and pecans. To quote Ina, "How Fall is that?"


Chewy Apple-Oat Bars with White Chocolate Cream Cheese Frosting. ZOMG. Not much more I can say about these bad boys.



Double Apple Bundt Cake. Basically Fall in the shape of a Bundt. I said Bundt, you perv.



Self-Frosting Sweet Potato Cupcakes. You know, to throw a little extra crazy into the mix.



Homemade Graham Crackers. Awesome on their own with coffee or tea, and even better all ground up for crusts.



Apple-Frangipane Galette. Like an apple pie, but prettier. And Frenchier.



Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Loaf. I seriously dream about this cake this time of year. I think I've made this about 500 times. Quite simply, there is nothing more perfect right this minute.

0 komentar:

Post a Comment