Saturday, November 13, 2010

Broccoli and Cheddar Omelette with Herbes Du Saison Creme



Plain omelette?  No way!  I always cook a nice breakfast to start a day.  I'll admit, I didn't have much food in my fridge that day because I was going on a short vacation.  So I cooked with what I had.
     Running out of food on a busy restaurant night always presents a challenge for a good chef.  Sometimes chefs just have to "wing it" with what they have on hand.
     By the way, I will be gone for a few days.  My recipe blog won't have new entries till I get back from visiting home in Las Vegas.  I'll have a revived creative food perspective when I write my next bunch of food blogs too.  The food in Las Vegas is inspirational!
     My recipe blog started because I was so fed up with the lousy local restaurant food in the area that I was transferred too.  Relocation means being stuck in a hotel and dining out a lot, as you know.  So, the food blog idea flashed before my eyes when I was cooking a decent pizza at my apartment.  I have over twenty years of professional chef experience to write recipes with.  I answer all questions and take recipe requests from my readers too.  Thank you recipe readers!  Inspiration helps!
     Recipe:  Blanch a few broccoli florets in boiling water.
     Chop the broccoli and set it aside.
     Herbes du saison creme Recipe:  Heat some cream over medium heat.
     Add just a pinch of minced garlic.
     Add sea salt and white pepper.
     Add a mix of fresh or dried herbs of the season.  I used parsley, tarragon, basil, chervil, thyme and marjoram in my herb mix for the omelette in the photo.
     Reduce the cream gently to form a light medium bodied sauce.
     Keep the sauce warm over low heat.
     Omelette:  Heat some unsalted butter in a non stick saute pan over medium heat.
     Whisk three eggs till they are almost foamy.
     Pour the eggs in the pan and immediately add the chopped broccoli.
     Use a rubber spatula to even the edges of the omelette.
     When the bottom of the omelette is cooked firm, flip the omelette and cook the other side.
     Sprinkle some grated cheddar cheese on the omelette.
     When the eggs have cooked firm, triple fold the omelette as you slide it onto a plate.
     Generously pour the herb cream sauce over the omelette.
     Yum!  The cream and herb sauce brings new life to an old standard broccoli and cheddar omelette.  This omelette is a flavorful way to start a day...   Shawna

0 komentar:

Post a Comment