Friday, December 4, 2009

we interrupt your regularly scheduled programming

No recipe today but I just have to share E's (gal I catered for) mom's new Etsy shop for lovely knit scarves and things. Each scarf is one-of-a-kind and the yarn is especially cool. From what her mom told me last time I visited, it's tough to find interesting yarn because supply is very limited and the good stuff gets snatched up very quickly. Of course as she's telling me this, I'm imagining scuffles breaking out in the aisles of Joann's or Michael's between avid knitters over who saw the turquoise chunky yarn first, etc. But I'm sure it never gets violent. Who knows, maybe the yarn business is highly lucrative.

Anyway, I digress... my point is, these scarves are gorgeous and feel as soft as they look (I would happily dive into a pile of them if I could). It's getting cold and I just *know*, you're not done with your holiday shopping yet. (nudge nudge) Riiight? So there you go - a beautiful, handmade, unique, and practical present! Doesn't get any better than that!

Visit the Knitsome Studio

I'll try to get some recipes up soon now that the quarter is almost over. I just have to survive finals week first but at least I can see the light at the end of the tunnel!

0 komentar:

Post a Comment