Monday, January 3, 2011

(Relatively) Healthy Recipe Round-Up


Are you feeling recharged and energized this New Year, ready to take on those long-procrastinated-about fitness goals? Determined to revamp your diet? Buying all those magazines with headlines like "Get Fit in 2011!" to help propel you along your healthy eating and exercise plan?

Nah, me neither.

But I can offer you this: A few recipes that are delicious, satisfy the sweet tooth and the urge to create in the kitchen, while not adding to the real estate in your pants. Not "diet" food by any means, but certainly not as naughty as most recipes around here, and no Splenda to be found. Because sometimes it feels good to eat something with a little less vavoom in the dreaded calorie department. Enjoy!

Oh, and speaking of less naughty recipes, what are some of your "lighter" favorites?

Virtuous Strawberry Mousse. Up there at the top of this post. So light and lovely, it will make you feel like a lady again after all that holiday bourbon-drinking. Or is that just me I'm talking about?



Rocky Road Rice Crispy Treats. Decadent without a whole lotta calorie craziness. Good for those "I really need chocolate lest I rip my husband's face off" sort of cravings while you're trying to cut back a little.




Glazed Clementine Chiffon Cake. A great use for all those Clementines you bought for "healthy snacking". Schaa.




Chocolate Tweed Angel Food Cake. With or without whipped cream, it's so pretty, so satisfying. Good luck not putting the whole thing in your face.




Mom's Cheesecake. One of my all-time favorite desserts. And when you swap out full-fat cream cheese and sour cream for light, it's positively harmless. Yes, you can use calorie-free sweeteners here, too, but don't tell me about it.




Banana Chocolate Chip Cookies with Candied Ginger. I still sort of can't believe how little butter is in this recipe.




Everyday Cookies. The perfect thing to always have in the cookie jar. Also great for snacky kids who are a real bore when all hopped up on sugar.




Baked Cinnamon-Sugar Doughnuts. I was gobsmacked at how good these were and how non-gypped I felt in terms of a doughnut experience. Eat them warm for best results.




Strawberry Angel Pavlovas. I think this dessert might be part of my Last Meal on Earth. So dreamy.




Nubbly Bran Muffins with Golden Raisins and Cranberries. Nothing wrong with something tasty and actually good for you for breakfast.




Piece of Cake Granola. Even more deliciousness to start your day out right. You know, before you fall off the wagon at 3:00 in the afternoon.

0 komentar:

Post a Comment