Sunday, December 2, 2007

12 Days of Cookies


I can't believe it's been two weeks since my last post but I'm back. I'm almost fully recovered from a post-Thanksgiving cold and the big interview is over. Now it's time to relax and return to my blog. The blog is falling into a bit of disrepair - the blog clog has gotten bigger, the recipe index is out of date, and it's almost time for a new look.

I hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving but now that Thanksgiving is over, it's time to start thinking about Christmas. One of my favorite things about this time of year is holiday baking. As I was looking at the recipe index, I realized I dont have a single cookie recipe on this blog that's almost 10 months old! For some reason cookie recipes have never made it onto the blog; I think it's because we eat them too quickly. But to make up for the absence of cookie recipes and the recent lack of posts, I decided to do a special "12 Days of Cookies" where I will post a new cookie recipe, holiday or just an everyday favorite, everyday for the next 12 days. I was hoping to start yesterday, Dec 1st, but weekends always go by so quickly and before you know it the day is already over so I will be starting today, December 2nd. The reason why I started this in early December is so everyone can have enough time to bake these and ship these to friends and family in time for Christmas. Here's hoping I can keep up with the cookie baking and the pantry doesn't face a butter shortage.

Note: I thought I came up with a new and unique idea (and not to mention title) here but it turns out Food Network is way ahead of me. But hey, more cookie recipes is never a bad thing. Happy baking everyone!

Day 1: White Chocolate Cashew Macadamia Butter Cookies
Day 2: Shortbread Bars with Mango Jam
Day 3: Pumpkin Butter Thumbprints
Day 4: Butterscotch Cookies with Hazelnuts
Day 5: Best Oatmeal Cookies Ever with Chocolate Chunks, Pecans, and Dried Cherries
Day 6: Torta Sbrisolona
Day 7: Alfajores
Day 8: Orange Cranberry Pistachio Biscotti
Day 9: Brown Sugar Cookie
Day 10: Flaky Black Sesame Cookie
Day 11: Gingerbread
Day 12: Butterfinger Chocolate Chip Cookies

0 komentar:

Post a Comment